Monday, May 23, 2011

To Oprah!

 This is for OPRAH! The woman who liberated women all over the world. Gave them a voice and proved that a woman is a very powerful thing to be. She encouraged children, women, and men who have endured abuse, to speak out and share their story. She has millions of dollars and she gives so much of it back to the people who need it most. She had a troubled childhood, a shaky beginning in her career and she showed that no matter what the odds, you can be somebody and you can do something that will impact those around you.
 From Dave Pelzer to Clayton Moss, she covered the most horrific cases of child abuse. She reunited families together after years of separation. She honored soldiers and their families. She educated girls who had no place to go and would in no other way have an education. She used her popularity and her money to put many pedophiles behind bars. She encouraged people to read and to give back to those around you.

Oprah's Big Give forever touched my heart and changed the lives of thousands of people.

I respect Oprah and what she has done for the world. She opened my eyes to many many things. She shared Dr. Oz with us. Who has taught me so much about health (mental and physical) and has encouraged me to take better care of myself. She gave us Dr. Phil who has great sayings such as "How's that workin for ya?" or "The way to predict future behavior is by past behavior." She has opened up her heart to the world and in many ways she has saved my life.
Oprah helped me with my parents divorce and when I was feeling alone. She taught me that no matter who it is, there is no right for someone to abuse another. She taught me that I need to dream. Dream big, dream small. Whatever it is I need to have a dream.

So this one is for Oprah. Thank you for saving the lives of so many and teaching the world so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment