Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Time is moving on...and I am stuck still?

As time has passed I have been trying my hardest to overcome the hardest experience of my life. Now I must admit I was wallowing in my own guilt and pity for a long time. I played the victim and acted like it was everybody around me that was responsible for my pain. But in truth, my pain was all from me. I caused it. I continued it for months and I hurt many other people around me. People that I love and who I care about deeply. But now it is going to stop. Nobody can tell me what I am to do anymore. I will not allow myself to be that victim even if I was the one victimizing myself.

I have goals, I have a job that I love! I love who I work with and the cause that I work in favor of. I love my family. I love my boyfriend/ Husband (I call Frank my husband since we have been living together so long and have a son.)  I love Michael and how he inspires me to be what he deserves. I love his laugh, his smile, his baby talk and I even love his little baby snore.

At times it feels like everyone is moving on so fast in life and I am watching them all move on and be excited about the changes. I have felt like I am moving in s-l-o-w  m-o-t-i-o-n. But now I am starting to see my life in a new light. I have so much. I have Frankie who is the most hardworking generous guy I know. I have Michael who is so loving, so cute, and so much a part of me. They make my life worth living. They make my life brighter and happier every single day. They are my light, my life, and my song.

1 comment:

  1. I love this Ashley! I find myself getting down about life pretty often; this is a good reminder to count your blessings and be thankful - :)

    ReplyDelete